African and CaLD Elders Services WA Inc.
African and CaLD Elders Services WA Inc., provide the necessary support for the elderly people (and those from other ethnic groups) with physical disabilities and mental illness (including dementia) as well as their carers, to help them continue living in the community.
Our program provides services to support older people and people with disabilities to maintain or increase (where possible) their level of independence at home and in the community, to enhance their quality of life and/or prevent inappropriate admission to long term residential care.
Our Centre Based Day Care programs are structured to provide culturally appropriate activities and programs to inform, empower and resource older people from African and CALD backgrounds to make informed choices about living at home independently.
We begun this project to help maintain the elderly people’s quality of life and promote independence as well as utilize and maintain retained abilities. We achieve this by:
- Providing elderly people of African backgrounds and those from other ethnic groups with the support that is necessary for them to continue living at home independently. Elderly people with disabilities, mental illness (including dementia) also included.
- Being support for the carers who look after their elderly relatives on a daily basis and providing education for them on how best to do that.
- Enhancing the elderly people’s quality of life through community access;
- Providing education on age related illnesses
- Educating elderly people and their carers about falls, falls prevention and falls related injuries;
- Assessing for risks for injuries;
- Providing mental health improvement social activities and address isolation issues;
- Assessing for carers needs;
- Providing advice and relevant referrals to other services for carers on ways to manage behavioural issues in dementia;
- Minimising possible stigma of dementia and mental illness in the ageing population through education.
To know more about us, please click the "get in touch" button and you can send us an online message. One of our staff will get in touch with you shortly. Thanks!